When did your child start sleeping in a toddler or regular bed?

My 18mo old daughter still sleeps in her crib, she's not yet tried climbing out of it and sleeps well there. I'm just wondering when a good time is to move her into a big girl bed. She & I both are still comfotable with the crib and I was considering getting her a toddler bed around her 2nd birthday.

briebriesmom

Asked by briebriesmom at 11:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• We just converted his crib to the toddler bed recently. He had just turned 2. He sleeps just fine in it at night, but he hasn't been napping since he knows he can get up if he wants now.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• it was just about a year ago..little over.. so he was just about to turn 2. he had been climbing out so we bought a used toddler bed(great wooden bed) from a nice lady and switched. it was hard to keep him in it at first, we ended up resulting to a baby gate at his door. But after a week or so we didn't really need it anymore.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Myson is 25 months and still in a crib. We hhave no need for him to switch now and he loves his cribby. I will prob switch him in the spring or sooner if hestarts climbing out!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My daughter started at 2 it was hard i think i was more paranoid than anything that she would fall lol, my son is 21 months and he is very tiny so it may be a few more months before I move him to a toddler bed.. I would say move her when you feel at ease about it
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We switched our DS from the crib to a twin bed a month before his 2nd birthday. And the crib we used for both of our children can be converted to a toddler bed or a full size bed, so we'll change it to one of those for our DD in a few months when it gets closer to her 2nd birthday.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well he got it for his first birthday. He never had a crib (my first) he slept with us. SO I brought it in my room and put him in it. He would always end up back in my bed. He started sleeping in it through the night when his baby brother was born, nine months later. My youngest ended up having pyloric stenosis, so he would vomit all night, so I kept him in my room until he was three months (and he had the surgery and recovered before I moved him into a crib) By then my oldest was two, and slept soundly through out the night in his bed in their room. My ten month old sleeps just as soundly, and is still in a crib. His brother is teaching him how to climb on the toddler bed. Oh goodness.. But hasn't showed him how to get down. lol So baby will keep the crib for a little longer yet.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We switched my little guy about a month after his second birthday. He never did climb out of the crib and he seemed to like it so I didn't see the need to do it sooner. We have a bed that is a crib first and then a toddler bed. We actually switched it because he saw a Toy Story toddler bed sheet set and wanted it so we thought it was the perfect time:)

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 11:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010