Ok really gross...

I am 39 weeks pregnant and for at least 2 weeks now I have had A LOT of mucous coming out when I wipe... I almost always have a string that is a few inches long coming off of me or the TP... it is really gross and I have already lost my plug... is this normal??

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its probably a discharge im not sure tho maybe tell your dr about it see what they think
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• LOL, I had the same thing! At some point I think (now) that it was part of my mucous plug, but I have no idea. It's probably nothing to concern yourself with, but mention it to your doctor just in case it's one of those weird things that only they seem to know about. Good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• no, i don't think it's the plug. Unfortunately, it's just a little gross.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• probably is your mucus plug. You can lose and "reform" your mucus plug many times durring pregnancy...so it's not a sign of imminent labor :)

Congrats on your baby to be!
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 6:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Amazingly enough it was my doctor that noticed the amount of mucous... she didn't say much more about it but i was already pissed that she was sending me home after a false water break so i didn't think about asking if that was bad...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think it's your plug.....my sister did this for almost a week, and her dr's told her it was her plug...
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I too think its your plug... but then again I'm family and can't wait to see this little guy!!!! LOL
    momtoall5

Answer by momtoall5 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008