How can I get my child to behave?

OK I have a spirited 3 yr old. She is very smart, friendly, kind. and is having a horrible time in school. She did not attend daycare. My hubby had her during the day and I had her at night. Just recently his job changed so that we were on same schedule, so we enrolled her in a PREK for 3-4 year olds. SHe is being really bad-doing things she has never done before-hitting, bitting. She does not listen to her teacher. rest during nap time, being defiant. This is so heart wrenching-I don't know what to do! We talk to her daily, give time out when she gets home, take things away-doesn't seem to phase her. teacher is trying a behavior chart and writes daily notes-she has 16 kids in this room and no aide. At home she is not this bad-

I teach special ed so I of course am thinking the worst-we need some serious help before they kick her out.

sophiasmom37

Asked by sophiasmom37 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i think she just needs to get use to it try makeing a rewards chart for her like if shes good all week she gets a reward that may fix the issue
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• ty that's kinda what we were thinking/hoping
    sophiasmom37

Comment by sophiasmom37 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• She just might be reacting to the many changes she is going through right now. Make sure she is getting enough one on one time with each of you. If there are consequences for her behavior at school I would not give her a time out when she gets home. I think the rewards chart is a good idea.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Omg. The rewards chart sounds like a great idea!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Thanks everyone for all the advise
    sophiasmom37

Comment by sophiasmom37 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010