Any tips?

(My daughter turned a yr last mth so i still feel more comfortable asking advice here than the toddler section lol) So with that being said i was just wondering the best cup & best way to transition her from bottle to sippy. Shes way old enough to use one. Any help will be nice. Thank yall very much in advance!!! =)

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD didn't like the hard spouted ones so we opted for the NUK ones with the handles and soft silicone spout.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We use CamelBak bottles with DS. We also like Foogo cups.
    http://www.rei.com/product/792636
    http://www.amazon.com/Foogo-Thermos-Leak-Proof-Straw-Bottle/dp/B000O3I2CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287937056&sr=8-1
    Check them out!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I started my son on the NUK ones too! Then I switched to the stage one playtex sippys and so on. With the Nuk ones, you do have to watch for leaks if the cup is on its side. Also, my son found out that if you push the spout on any surface a puddle of liquid would form...lol. But until that point they work great!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• nuby helped me a lot they have spouts but theyre soft like nipples
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i bought a bunch a different kinds and let her try them out and the ones she didnt like i gave to a friend. she likes the nuk ones!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Any soft spout sippy will work, but I like the Nuby ones.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have tried a lot of different kinds of sippy cups. Straws and the ones with the little nubbys. My daughter likes the one with the straws. The easiest way for me to get her to use a sippy was to give her one and for me to have one and then just sit her down and 'drink' with her. I put water in both cups and she watched me use it and then she'd try it. She'd give me a sip from her cup and I would do the same with mine. She picked up on it really quickly. It also helped that when I had a drink I'd give her some through a straw. I normally drink milk, water or tea so it was safe to give to her.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 4:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010