Do you agree or disagree? adult content

Jesus: Soft on defense. Wrong for America.

http://onfaith.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/panelists/valerie_elverton_dixon/2010/10/even_jesus_some_negative_ads.html

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 12:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I thought that was actually fairly well written, and thought out. I was not expecting it to be that good. I think the writer makes good points and I've said for a long time that how we run campaigns is ridiculous and pointless. We really learn very little about the people. It seems very high school electiony to me. I also agree that those who SHOULD be running are to smart to do so.
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 12:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• you're right terpmama. The smart and responsible and concerned and caring people don't run for office because they don't have a huge ego or tons of money for a campaign. Sad isn't it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I couldnt get through that article, ..... know why? The author has a lack of understanding of the scriptures... in a MAJOR way. the author is reading them at face value rather than going deeper to get the more correct meaning and WHY JESUS said those things... so I highly disagree with the article...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing,but Shaneagle said it much better than me. I can only say I agree with her 100%!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I read the responses to that blog.. they too lack the understanding, insight, wisdom on what the scriptures say and who God the Father is, Jesus the Son and Holy Spirit. This is a pattern I am seeing... religious christians and pre christians only see the negative.. I have yet to see anyone in that article talk about the Grace of God , the Message of the Gospel and the Love of God. Know why? Blindness to the truth of what the Word of God is all about and Who Jesus , God and Holy Spirit are! It is a matter of changing the mindset to see that the Bible have LOVE written all over it. Until that revelation is received there will be plenty continuing to Crucify Him on the Cross and continuing to walk in the OT Law rather than NT Grace. I see a different picture than what I have seen written in that blog. There is also a lot of bitterness and anger toward Jesus and those that believe. The pharisees were the same way. cont
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• because of that it causes a blindness to the truth.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• hmm
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It make's me really sad that people have such distorted views of our Savior. However, Satan in Prince of this world and therefore we have been blinded with scales over our eyes. I am so thankful to God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit for opening my eyes and showing me the Truth. Praise God!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with Shaneagle.
    mommywho28

Answer by mommywho28 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2010