Toys for 2 year-olds

What's the "hot" new toy for 2-3 year olds this holiday season?

ballewal

Asked by ballewal at 12:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh! She just got a foam alphabet puzzle from DH's mom- she loves it. She can play with it in the bath or living areas, learn letters, colors, and work on hand-eye coordination by putting the letters back in the right spots :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Way to go Momma with NO TV!!! i get attacked daily because my DS watches a show in the AM and he must earn his evening one...way to go!!! I don't know if there is something "hot" but uually the "in" ones are cartoon related ( i don't buy that crap). Anything WITHOUT batteries is good. It helps them use their imagination. My DS is REALLY getting into playing with his Little People. melissa and Doug have allot of good options. Wha is she in to? My DS is VERY active so he is getting a mini bouncehouse. He LOVES the ARTS...markers, crayons, puffy stickers, playdough and a roll of paper for her to "create" is also great. Always having a letter rich environment is good as we.. Books, letters for the bath etc.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• well i dunno bout hot but my son is n love with buzz lightyear and anything toy story related find something like a cartoon and try get something themed like that
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I should add that my daughter doesn't watch television, so anything cartoon related would be lost on her.
    ballewal

Comment by ballewal (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We have tv (I love it), she lacks the patience to sit down to watch. So I won't turn it on until she has an attention span long enough that it makes sense to watch something. I'm definitely not anti-tv. She likes blocks, sand. water, art, dolls, cars, music, balls... basically EVERYTHING. I have no issue with battery operated toys as long as they make music rather than talk.
    ballewal

Comment by ballewal (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• She might like some of the Crayola stuff- they have all sorts of things that allow your child to be creative really wherever- I even saw bath crayons at Toys R Us. Maybe a big case of playdough? DD would probably be happy with a set of pots and pans or boxes lol so I'm not much help lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• As annoying as it might be the LeapFrog Letter magnet is GREAT! One of the few battery toys I own and find effective...also Leapfrog Letter Factory Movie for when she is ready. My DS knew all letters and sounds by age 2 from being exposed to this movie for only a week!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010