Hi I need some advice for my purse I'm crocheting.

Hi I recently crocheted a piece for a purse. I want to know how do I crochet the sides to bring it together? Do single, double or wrap the yarn around it or just sew it on the sides? I just want to bring it together on the sides
Thanks Janie

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It depends on the purse. For most, I'll just do a slip stitch. It's very sturdy, doesn't call much attention, and you can do it inside or out depending on the design.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 1:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have found that if I put a liner in it, it holds shape much better. Pretty easy to do, and that way you don't have it sagging and pulling, or you don't get stuff stuck in the stitches, if you are like me...I carry my life in my purse!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• PP's above are good info. :-)

If the piece you're working with is fairly special, you could also crochet a couple of test swatches, and try the different methods you're considering -- to see how they'll look before you do the actual piece. I used to be too impatient for test swatches and gauge samples, but after so many not-quite-right projects, I've found it's worth that little extra time. ;-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010