Hey everyone! I'm having my sonogram done tomorrow morning and I am 16 weeks and I was wondering what my chances are of actually finding out the sex of my baby. I've never had one done this early....this is my fourth. Just curious...thanks...Shawna

shawna3.5

Asked by shawna3.5 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• there is a chance but just rememberr that it is harder to for sure tell that soon but im sure you will be able to tell
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I was able to find out with my 3 kids at 16 wks..so I hope u will too..good luck...
    Anonymous

• well if they do give you the sex of the baby dont start buying everything blue/pink cuz it might change when u have another sonogram (it happend to my friend)
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• As long as the baby isn't trying to hide it, they should be able to tell you. I think most guesses are accurate, but there's always the chance that they miss something...or think they see something they don't. I know a few people that this has happened to, which was a big reason I chose not to find out the sex beforehand. I'm ultra-paranoid, though. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I always had the (find out the sex ultrasound) at 20 weeks but my youngest is 18 now. LOL I bet if baby is in the right position they will be able to tell.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• 1-someone message me and tell me what a sonogram is?!
    2-im 15 weeks and theyre going to tell me when im 18 weeks...i guess i have to wait when im DYING to know...almost litterally on that on lol
    3-the ONLY thing i know about pregnancy is at 18-20 weeks you get an ultra sound done and you can find out the gender...

then after that i have NO IDEA what goes on with anything...no one tells me anything..i always have to ask =)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Thanks for the answers.....I"m leaving in a little while for my sonogram.....Shawna
    shawna3.5

Answer by shawna3.5 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Hi..just letting ya'll know that I had my sonogram done and they could not tell what it was....she said I was only 15 weeks along, though. so maybe next time!! thanks everyone
    shawna3.5

Answer by shawna3.5 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008