Just wondering

Iam a single mom with a one year old and my son's Father hasn't been around in a year and now he wants pictures of Jacob but he's all the way in California so what should I do?

jacobmommy2009

Asked by jacobmommy2009 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Depends on his intentions. I don't see the harm in him having pictures, but it sounds like he may have some interest in coming back into your lives, and you need to figure out how to deal with that. How do you want to proceed? Would you let him into your son's life?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Does he pay child support? I'd want to say something like "You need to be involved in his life to deserve a photo" But at the same time, it's petty to say...so I'd be the bigger person and send him photos, either online or in the mail. And, well, if he isn't paing support it's a way to get his address and serve him so he starts
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Send him some pictures. WHat can be so hard about that? Easy. Just send them. He IS the kid's Dad.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Send a picture, you will be the better person for it. Your son will thank you for it later in life:) And after all thats most important to show your son how to be a better person.
    uthkuno

Answer by uthkuno at 12:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• IF my ex who has been gone since I was preggers asked I would have to ask why... and than I would say come visit and take one yourself.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Sounds like he might want the "spoils", so to speak, of being a dad. What I mean is it sounds like he wants to show off the child, so other women will think he's a devoted daddy. If he doesn't want to be in the child's life or pay child support he deserves nothing. In my opinion anyway.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it's important for a child to know who their daddy is, and to have some kind of contact with their daddy. My mother was vindictive, and never told us anything about our father, who left when I was 3 and my sister was 2. She even told us he died, until I was 18 and went to apply for his social security and vets benefits to go to college. They told me that there was no proof he died! I swore that no matter if I hated him or not, that my kid's daddy would stay connected with them. When your son gets older, and he starts asking, you want to be able to hand him the phone and say " Call your daddy".
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Send him 1 picture.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Thank you for all the anwers
    jacobmommy2009

Comment by jacobmommy2009 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would need more info...why all of a sudden? What are his intentions?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010