Why is that so many people are judgemental about how many kids you have?

I'm 28 years old married with a two year old and a little girl on the way everytime someone see me they like "you having another one when are you goin to stop r 'u really need to slow it down' i thought being pregnant is a time for everyone to be happy for you instead of sarcastic.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 12:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think its might be because some women are waiting later in life now to have kids. Such as 40's and 50's, you didn't used to hear of this much. I completely understand though, I had my first at twenty. I had already had my third by the time I was twenty-eight.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Not sure , but as I see it unless you are on Welfare and other people are paying to take care of your kids it's nobodies business when we have kids and it doesn't matter what age as long as YOU are able to take care of them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• People are for lack of a better word...ignorant. I think it may have to do with the way our world is, The economy is bad so people automatically assume that women should be on BC and not popping out babies assuming that they can't afford them.I too am married, 12 weeks with my third, 29 yr old! Work, own our home no PA but there is always a naysayer, hun. Its just the way of THIS worlds thinking. IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE!
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• stupid, it's none of thrir business how many you have
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Im not sure when I was pregnant with my 2nd baby people constantly said dont you know how to prevent that.... I just ignored it.. If you and your husband want more kids thats between you and your husband. And Congrats on your new baby
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'll be 21 when I have my 3rd. I'm used to the comments. But my children are happy and healthy and well cared for. Me and SO wanted to be young parents that way we can really enjoy time with our children. I can keep up with them because I'm young and full of energy. When people comment on me being young with children I just tell them their opinion is not wanted or needed. They don't do anything for me and mines so they really don't matter.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Actually the benefits of having children early in life should be your answer to them. It's in all the books about pregnancy.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I know very few people who are judgmental about having multiple children withing a safe loving complete (two parent) family as long as the family can provide for the children without public assistance. People are judgmental if a single mother repeatedly has children by different fathers because that isn't good for the kids and shows she values sex more than caring for the children she already has. People are also judgmental if large families are on public assistance because it really isn't fair to let people who cannot afford their children continue to breed while more responsible who might WANT more children stop because they know it is irresponsible to have children you cannot provide for. (I'm not talking about families who have fallen on hard times because of an unexpected circumstance, I mean families who continue to have kids when it's already clear they can't provide for themselves.)
    DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 1:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ignore. You should have heard the comments I recieved when I was pregnant with my 5th. One friend pissed me off so I stopped by a comment she made when I told her. I stopped talking to her. Congrats on the new baby.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'm confused...people are making comments about ONLY having 2 kids??? That is CRAZY!!! Not thay anyone should be making comments no matter HOW many children you choose to have BUT 2 is average! Makes no sense! I have the opposite issue. We have 1 and everyone feels to need to know WHEN are we having #2 and that we REALLY should have more than 1. You can't win so ignore it.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010