House feel like the YMCA

Over the years I had a lot of people stay with us. Most not wanting to leave to soon? It's not as bad now as then. Do you have this problem and if yes what did you do?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm in that right now. It's really awkward because of the situation: my friend came to stay with me because my husband left for basic three weeks ago. She was only supposed to be here for the weekend, but she's moved half of her clothes here and hasn't spent more than two nights at her place since.

Eventually the only thing you can really do is sit them down and explain in as kind a manner as possible that you need your home back and work out a plan for getting them into their own place.

It comes down to am I helping them or am I just allowing them to take advantage of me?
    Good luck momma. We'll get our houses back eventually.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 1:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• SET RULES, GIVE CHORES, AND CHARGE THEM! THEY'LL BE OUT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT! IT WORKED FOR ME, AND I HAVEN'T HAD THAT PROBLEM AGAIN. I help, I don't enable.
    janeedanswers

Answer by janeedanswers at 3:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes. I seem to have inherited two children from across the street. They are here whenever they are not in school.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think this is so funny because your screen name is "HomeAlone". HAHA. :) I stopped letting people stay with me. I had to stop having SUCH A BIG HEART because it usually bites me in the butt. Good luck.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my sister had this problem so she removed the guest beds out of the guest rooms...it makes me mad though because when me and my kids visit we have to sleep on the floor and my husband refuses to visit a house where he has to sleep on the floor
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010