Is is wrong for me to be mad that everyone says the baby looks like my husband and not me?

Does anyone else feel bad that their baby don't look like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My son is 6 and is just starting to resemble me more than his father. I wouldn't be mad about it though, that's just the way it is. Babies and children's looks change over the years so the baby may end up looking like you!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'd take it as a compliment! No way he could ever deny the baby, is there? And if you think he's a good looking guy, why not take it as a compliment, esp. if it's a boy?? All my daughters look like me, but if they HAD looked like their dad and people commented, I'd be glad! My daughter Cheyenne does have her dad's eye color and shape so people have commented on THAT, and I certainly don't get upset that she didn't get "my" eyes. Maybe your next one will look like you
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 6:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah, but eight year old is totally Japanese. I'm Mexican and she only has nothing of me :(

My son looks like me now but looked like his dad when he was small.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Lol I'm know I'm gonna be butt hurt when my son gets here. The genes in my hubby's family are very dominant so I don't think my baby will look like me much.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Nah I don't care if they say he looks like my hubby, it's a compliment cause I happen to think my hubby is very handsome, so my son is lucky to look like him. Also, my hubby and I have pretty much the exact same heritage so he really does look like the both of us. I know sometimes, it can be annoying cause we do all the work of baking them in our oven, but it's not like we decide what they look like.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My daughter looks like a complete mini-me and there is absolutely no resemblence between her and her father so he got the "she looks like her mommy" thing constantly and no looks like daddy ever. But now our son everyone goes on and on about how he looks like his daddy. While this is true you can still tell hes one of "mine". But from hearing it so much I kind of do get a teeny bit jelous but mostly because Im not getting the credit for pushing his big head out....lol. But now I know what the Hubbs went through.....Dont worry momma boys always love their mommies best anyway.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I would not mind so much, if people did not add how cute and beautiful my daughter is and then say she looks like her father. Like I am the ugly one. That makes me nuts!! But I actually think she looks quite a bit like me. I was cute as a child and teenager, I just have gotten a little overweight and wearing glasses full time now. I do however see that she looks just like him too. I think she looks quite a bit like both of us together. When she was around 9 months, she could have been his twin. (their pictures are identical) They were even born at the same weight. My Hubby was a preemie 5 pds 10 ounces as my daughter was a preemie 5 pds 10 ounces. I think it's ok, people are just trying to chat with you. At one point your son will look like you, if he does not now.
    Rebecca75

Answer by Rebecca75 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm the same way! My MIL said just 2 days ago that my 4 year old daughter looks like HER!! My daughter actually looks just like a picture of myself when I was also 4. The only real difference is the hair and eye color. She did the same kind of thing with my other children except my oldest son who she said looked like me when in actuality he looks like my husband. She only said that because he wasn't as cute as the other 3 children when he was little.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• All but one of my kids looks like their dad and the one that doesn't looks like his mom
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'd suggest being very happy about it, since your husband must be more and more proud everytime someone notices this.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008