• In the Spotlight:

What goes in your personal hospital bag??? Im clueless...P.J's?...

What do I take to the hospital????

xandersmama22

Asked by xandersmama22 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Nightgown or jammies that you're comfortable in,if you're nursing, try to get a nursing gown or 2 piece jammies will work just fine!! Nothing too pretty though because you'll be bleeding and you don't want to mess up your nice gowns.Soap or body wash, shampoo, lotion because the hospital stuff is horrible!! Undies,bra and a comfortable outfit for you to wear home, something that you know will fit.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I would also recommend bringing extra pads...the super absorbant ones. I know they provide you with them in the hospital, but sometimes, if you run out, it can take them a while to replenish your supply. Make sure you bring roomy undies too, to fit the huge pads you'll have to wear.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 8:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I didn't bring a night gown. I just worn a special hospital gown for nursing. But i did take a lightweight house coat.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 8:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• SOCKS LOTS OF socks well my feet kept getting cold a gown a jacket bra underwear several baby clothes hair ties sweat pants brush tooth brush lose t shirt long sleve a pillow and even a small blanket typical shampoo stuff like that : ) good luck
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• 2 things to absolutely have in your hospital bag. 1> your own towels! The hospital towels are always tooooo small! and 2> slippers for the shower. You never think about it but those showers no matter how clean you think a hospital might be is like a dorm community shower! Other then that, socks, comfy pjs, your own toiletries and cute but comfy going home outfits for you and your little piece of heaven!
    Alicia531

Answer by Alicia531 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i agree with the above...socks(they keep the rooms crazy cold), pillow, CAMERA, toothbrush/paste, shampoo, soap, deoderant, hairbrush, maybe some makeup(for many pics), phone charger, cash for vending machine, comfy pjs, big undies, some sweats and shirt for trip home, baby's outfit, and SOMETHING TO READ!!! I took lots of magazines(i know, when are u ever gonna get a chance to read those...right?!...babies nap a LOT the first few days.....GOOD LUCK!
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Blow dryer, your won blanket is a must, going home outfit for baby and you...something cute for you to leave hospital in but big. Money
    elizabeth2008

Answer by elizabeth2008 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2008