How Is The Best Way To Protect Your Family & Yourself If The Authorities Can't Protect You?

In The last month strange things happening & I'm at a lost as in who, why, when this is being done. This is the problem ls 30 days some has broken into our basement 3 times once to cut our elec. wiring and shorted everything out and wired up things downstairs to other things in our electrical box blew up breakers and damaged all 4 of my major applianc. then Monday I have our internet, tv, telephone company come because someone over the weekend cut our line today I go downstairs again to get something from our freezer for supper and someone has went down and cut the gas line that runs into our hot water heater and I smell gas so I call the emergency hot line for our gas company they come and tell me that some has cut the line downstairs and he said were lucky that no one has lighten up a cig. This scares me.

momof5monsters

Asked by momof5monsters at 6:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Because I don't know who is behind all these happenings but I've filed a report with the authorities already and hired extra protection.
    momof5monsters

Answer by momof5monsters at 6:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Can you get burglar bars to put on your basement windows? Or you can invest in a camera to catch whoever it is in the act but I think those are pretty costly. Maybe put some things in front of the window stacked up and if someone tries to come in it will make enough noise to wake you? I'm not sure but I would be scared too!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Lock your doors and windows,get a alarm system on yor intire house(all windows and all doors)Thats all i think you can do..

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• An alarm system maybe, and since everything is happening in the basement, make sure every entrance is set with an alarm.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Have the police check for fingerprints, who ever is doing this could be wearing gloves, but they should be doing more to look into it. An alarm system is a great idea, on ALL windows and doors. Look into getting a VERY big dog. Let your neighbors know that this is going on and to call the police if there is anything suspicious that they see around your house. The police can also look for footprints and any other evidence around the house. If you're not in IL or WI then get a gun or stun gun and keep it near for protection. Keep lights on in the basement and around the house. Have some security people come in and check your windows and doors and put extra security measures on it. (Look this up, I'm not sure if it's on anymore but check it out for security.... To Catch a Theif, it's a great place to look into how to better secure your home.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Figure out who hates you that much and take your suspicions to the police. In the meantime, if you are renting MOVE! If you own the house, take out a home improvement loan or something and get a GOOD security system. Failing the ability to do that, go stay with someone you trust like your mom or somebody till this is taken care of.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Buy a gun. I did.
    StepJenni

Answer by StepJenni at 11:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Bar up or board up the windows that are being used.
    Put in security cameras to catch the person.
    Consider getting a weapon as stepjenni suggests. Once the person can't get into your home to damage things, they may step up their attacks to a personal level. Make sure you learn how to use the weapon - no matter what you get.
    Make sure your children's schools know there is an issue. Make sure they know exactly who your kids can be released to and what their policy is if someone else tries to take the child out of school.
    Keep filing police reports. Ask for the detectives name in charge of your case. Call him every couple of days with any new information you may have and to keep your name and case fresh in his mind.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• JESUS! Dont go downstairs, if they are that scary, what if they stay down there one time and wait for you? I'm over protective like that though, I would up and move, but I get really scared and paranoid like that... Geez, I'll pray for you!
    stasia4

Answer by stasia4 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• How about a dog? And a gun I have several of both
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 3:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2008