What should my ten month old be eating?

She eats primarily formula and "little puffs"

Sometimes some baby food

Should she be having meals now? & less formula?

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 6:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• While CafeMom is good for little tips and things, I would work with your doctor to determine what's best for your baby, as each child is different. You'll probably get advice of all different types by asking people on here: some have had their kid on baby food from three months, and some won't let their child have anything but breastmilk for a year. : )
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I would keep trying baby food to see what she likes and progressively give her more of those.... Just follow her lead- she'll let you know and the more food she eats- the less expensive formula, and she'll be more full! Talk to your Dr. but the longet you wait, the more finicky she could be when you really need to get her to eat! I alo fed my son bread and food that he could "gum" down... He LOVED cereal- rice or oatmeal!
    VinniesMa

Answer by VinniesMa at 7:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Not sure how many teeth you DD has. But at 10 months my daughter was eating 3 meals a day. Most of which were table foods. Cheese sandwiches, yogurt, hot dogs(cut the skins off and made small peices), chicken nuggets, pasta....basically whatever we eat she eats. She will be 11 months in a week. And all of these foods were approved by her doctor. I guess though it really depends on the baby.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I can tell you what I did. We started rice cereal at 4 months, by 5 my son was eating baby food. Somewhere around 8 months we started introducing some table foods to him. He's a year old now and eats pretty much everything that we do. You'll want to start gradually, but I'd start giving her more baby food first. Give her actual meals of baby food and then give her formula after. Start trying different table foods with her. My son started out on bananas, green beans, noodles, etc. If she seems to like the table food better start giving her more of that.

Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• At that age all of my kids were on straight table food. I would cut up what ever we were having into little bites for them. I still gave them the little puffs to make sure that they were getting enough veggies and fruits, but they ate 3 meals a day and 2 snacks
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008