What would you do....Please no bashing and serious answers only

Our friends had a party for their son and invited our 2 year old son to attend. We were having friends over for dinner that night so we couldn't make it but offered to drop him off to have some fun if they were ok with it. They were fine with that since we live like 3 houses away from them. I told them I could come back and get him if anything happened and it was too much. So I drop him off around 3:30 and they called me at almost 7 to come get him. He seemed perfectly fine and happy when I got there. The hostess of the party asked to speak with me today about something that happened with my son that bothered her. She said a dad of another party guest told her my son asked to use the potty. The hostess then told him I don't think he is potty trained (twice she said it) so don't worry about it. She then starting thinking how wrong this was and went to the bathroom and just opened the door without knocking. cont. to another ques

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• ... Where's the rest? :(
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Oh no..
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Here is the rest I copied and pasted it for her...
    "so she opens the door and they are just standing there. Then the doorbell rang and it's the pizza man. She had to close the bathroom door and little so she could open the front door to get the pizzas. She said things were so hectic but told her husband to get in there b/c that is wrong of this man to be in the bathroom with my son. So the husband goes to open the door and it's locked. He knocked and said come out now pizza is here. He said guy answers right away and says ok we are coming. They then opened the door about 20 seconds later. They told the same guy leaves to take pizza home to his son and comes back very drunk. My husband goes and talks to the guy and he is very nervous and says that the ladies at the party told him to take him to the bathroom when we know they didn't. "
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• ". long story short the man calls the hostess of the party today pretty shaken up saying he doesn't understand what happened and that nothing bad happend."
    SleepingBeautee

• she should've called u 2 c if he was potty trained, and then help him if he needed it. she should've knocked before entering and ask ur son if he needed help. i would've assumed he was potty trained when he asked where the potty was, then helped him if he needed it. people need to listen to children they know more than we think.
    janeedanswers

Answer by janeedanswers at 2:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• janeedanswers, you don't see where this is going, obviously.

THE MAN LOCKED THE DOOR WITH SOMEONE ELSE CHILD IN THERE WITH HIM AFTER THEY CLOSED IT TO ANSWER THE FRONT DOOR!!

This has NOTHING to do with "listening to children". This woman is clearly worried that something happened to her son while he was in the bathroom with her.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Wow. I Would have blown up, quickly. You have done nothing wrong by dropping off your son to his friends birthday party. So don't think this is in anyway your fault. First of all, the hostess should not have let this man take any child, other than his own to the bathroom. I understand things may have been hectic at the party, but at some point, when you're hosting an event, you need to have control of the situation and your guests. I would definately report this man to the police and have a report written up. Get the hostess and her husband to confess and give their story to the police as well. DO NOT LET THIS GO! Even more importantly, call child services on this man and have his child examined. Tell them you have suspicion to believe that something is going on and explain to them what happened as well. This man deserves to be behind bars for even thinking such things about children!
    AtHomeMommy-3

• The hostess was in no way wrong for not knocking. I would have definately opened the door if I had a feeling something was going on. What she did was indeed correct, however, in this situation, the pizza guy could have waited. I would have removed the child from the situation first, brought him with me, gotten the pizza and then called you right away. Not waiting until 7pm when everything is over.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Wow, that is really creepy and needs to be looked into. I am really sorry this happened to you and your son. Do you think your son would be able to talk to you about the party, like does he speak well. Maybe ask questions if he can answer them. Have you examined your son to see if anything looks off or not right? Has his moods changed? I really hope nothing happened but I would seriously talk to the police and have an investigation done on this guy.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It depends--- How well does everyone at the party know this man? He's a father right? Maybe because the son told him he had to go potty and the hostess ignored it. He probably doesn't want to be seen as a child molester, because ANY MAN who looks at a child and smiles is pedophile you know. If someone walked in on me trying to help a kid go to the bathroom I'd lock the door too. She said they were standing there and he came out in 20 seconds- long enough to pull up a child's pants. There are a lot of factors here I'd need more info on to say that he needed investigated. I'd probably call him myself and ask what happened.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010