recieving alimony in alabama: how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• To receive alimony, you must be married for long term usually.. Meaning 10 years or more.
    http://www.divorceinfo.com/alfaqsalimony.htm
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'm not sure about Alabama. I know alimony varies from state to state.

I have a post nup (drawn up by a lawyer, notarized & signed off on by a judge) that guarantees me alimony. How long I receive it depends on the reasons we divorce. If the divorce is due in any way shape or form to: infidelity of any sort (and all that would be considered infidelity is listed in the post nup), drinking/drugs, abuse of any sort... I receive alimony for life basically, or until I remarry (IF I were to ever do so) . If I divorce simply just because I want to, I'll receive alimoney for the amount of time that is equivelant to the amount of time we have been married. As of right this moment, I've been married 25 years.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010