Jahova's at my door?

Okay, I'm going to try and make this short. I'm Christian. And I have three different religions trying to convert me. My BIL is Catholic, and is WAY to over the top about why I need to believe like him. I have told him thanks but no thanks. He leaves me alone about it until he comes to my house and I can't run anywhere.
Then there are a couple nice Mormons who were very nice, but I also told them thanks but no thanks. They kept coming back until I made up an excuse and told them I would call them if I had any questions. Which I don't, and I won't call.
Then theres this really nice Jahova that comes every few months, and she so nice. I try to tell her I'm not interested, but she keeps coming back.
My question is how do I kindly tell these people that I'm not interested in changing my religion? All of them are very nice about it, (except my BIL) But I don't have the heart to slam the door in their face like my family suggest

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• don't answer the door if you know it is them. i had the same problem then i just stopped answering the door and the phone.
    tinker16233

Answer by tinker16233 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would politely listen to their views (hoping to learn something) . Then I would kindly say I am happy where I am with my relationship with God. Maybe just be straight forward "I appreciate your visits but I have no intentions to ever switch churches"
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 2:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Being direct is not being mean... I have said it many times.. Tell them when you answer the door " Thank you but I am very happy in my own religion and I am not interested in converting." The shut the door and go on about your business..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well, I understand how you feel. I'm too nice to slam the door in someone's' face as well. If my husband is home I usually have him talk to them because he's better at dealing with it. Two friends of ours, both of whom are preachers, agree to study with the Jehovah's Witness or Mormon --as long as while they study together, the preacher's beliefs can be studied as well. Some have taken them up on the offer (to drop off later as they realize they aren't going to be converting him) or they give up immediately. As for me, some will listen when I tell them I am a member of the Church of Christ and am happy where I am.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I tell them very politely that I am not interested in what they have to say, and I close the door.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i think once they come with a message of peace they donnot mean any harm try to listin to them
    jojo545

Answer by jojo545 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I respect them for what they are trying to do, but I don't want to be rude. But telling them I'm not interested does NOT work. They just come back again. The same people I told no thanks to. i have told them I have a religion. And I'm not converting and they say its okay they just want to talk. What should I do?
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Oh but I have listened. The woman has been coming back to 'talk' every few months for two years. I think I have been too nice.
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• jojo I don't think any of them are bringing harm. But its been several times over two years. I've listened. TIme and time again. How long can I listen to something I don't believe?
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010