Why drag the spam out of the spam sections?

There have been a lot of questions popping up on the changes checklist lately where people are trying to drag bs pointwhoring questions out of the crazy for credits section or other games and move them into a legitimate category? Is there really someone out there who thinks "If You Have A Baby In Size 400 Diapers I Need Your Answers, Will Vote Up First 20 Answers" is a legitimate question that needs to be in another category where someone can find it more easily later?

I get that people want to mine as many points as they can from recategorizing questions, but spamming the first 10 questions in a gaming category onto the list isn't going to earn you a thing. It's just going to clog up the changes list until enough people bother to vote it back into the category it was posted in.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The recategorization thing is starting to bug me a bit. I think it's over used. IF someone posts a question with the word "husband" in it, people try to move it to relationships, even if the spirit of the question is clearly "just for fun."
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ok, I just hit the checklist, and that is seriously crazy ridiculous.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah, the moving things out of just for fun seems rather pointless, too. Just because it's a goofy "I'm bored" question about food or tv doesn't mean it has to go in food & drink or enetertainment.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'm not high enough to see the "checklist" but I KNOW it's being abused (at least at times). Now I won't ask questions unless my question fits into a SPECIFIC category. It takes a lot of the fun out of this section but so does the abuse. That said....

clapping ... great post.

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• How does that saying go? Give them an inch and they take a mile. Sounds like that's what's happening here.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010