If you are a SAHM, do you get up and get dressed up each day?

hair, make up, nice clothes, etc? I feel like such a bum some days b/c I am too tired to put anything on besides wind pants and a tshirt. i have a 9 week old and a two year old but feel like I should be making more of an effort to look nicer! lol what do you think?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 2:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have an almost 3 and almost 1 yr old, and yes, I get dressed and fix my hair and makeup everyday (unless I'm sick). I feel gross if I don't!
    lmccall24

Answer by lmccall24 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would say I do probably half the time, but I am virtually always dressed, with a bit of make up and at least jeans and a top by the time my husband gets home around 5:30

If I didn't have to shower before I got dressed, I would get dressed earlier everyday, but from the second I wake up there is usually something that needs to be done immediately, and I refuse to put nice clothes on a not clean body, even if I showered the night before.

Having a 9 week old and a two year old, I think you are doing great if you are showered every day, your house isn't a disaster, and you aren't in pjs. I have four year olds and I'm in yoga pants and a tank top for most of the day if I am at home.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If I have days where I am not going anywhere, I stay in my pajamas. I let the kids too. Lazy days can be fun. Of course showers and baths are done daily no matter what.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i always get up, get dressed, shower and put on a little makeup- otherwise i feel gross.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I get up at 6 am, get dressed, do my hair and makeup and walk the kids to school. I usually will take my shower/bath at night after they're asleep.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• When I was a SAHM you were lucky to see me out of pajama's unless I was going somewhere.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes, unless I am sick. Then no why should I, I don't expect the kids to get dressed when sick so I shower and put on clean Pj's LOL
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• lol im in sweats all day unless i go somewhere its just easier to move in. i will do my hair, normally just a ponytail and just my eye make up. anything else is just a waste!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yup but i dont wear make up
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• nope not a chance
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010