Do we, as women, allow ourselves to be demoralized?

Do we let men treat us with disrespect? Can we prevent this? How do you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Do we let men treat us with disrespect? Can we prevent this? How do you?

WE?? It is up to the individual to stand up for themselves and be their OWN independent person. WE cannot prevent anything till women, INDIVIDUALLY, take care of themselves with strength and independence.  An insecure submissive individual cannot help others, till they can help themself. JMO

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have never met a man that demoralized me in any way shape or form, you give respect and it usually comes bouncing back.

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• some women do
    tinker16233

Answer by tinker16233 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'm sure some men do. My husband does not, so I can't say for sure. However, as a Christian, I do defer to my husband as the head of the household, as God tells us in the Bible. By that, I don't mean he controls every aspect of our lives, or me in any way. But, when it comes to important decisions, I let him speak his opinions first, and he is indeed the spiritual head of our house. He is the one who leads our Bible studies, prayers, and such. But, I don't feel demoralized in any way. In fact, I love knowing I have a true man of God, who wants to lead his family.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 2:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• both men and women can demoralize themselves. But it's up to the individual if they want to "allow" it. What is your definition of "demoralize" anyway? I'm sure folks might have different opinions about what is & what isn't demoralizing. For instance, some thing stripping is degrating while some do not.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You can't generalize all women because this is very induvidual. I do not let anyone disrespect me nor does anyone try to.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I treat all people, men and women with respect, and usually that's the way they treat me. If someone treats me with disrespect, I don't go near them again.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Are you asking if we as individuals are demoralized? Or if there is an undercurrent of sexism in the country? Personally, the men in my life are respectful and kind. Of course there are women who are abused, and of course it isn't their fault, it is the man's fault.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't. Why do you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Some do, some don't. It's not "all women", it's each individual person who makes that decision. I defer to my husband in some matters, just because I value him and his opinions and I respect him. I know he does the same for me. I am in no way demoralized, in fact I am liberated to do what I want by his care and generosity.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010