Do you let your husband control your life?

Do you live off of his money? Do you have a life of your own, other than the children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• When you are married, you become one. My husband and I are equal in everything that we do. No matter if he works harder at something than I did, we did equal work together. Money is a joint thing. When you marry, you dedicate your life to someone. You take everything you have and make it his, and vice versa. Everything we have together, we've worked for. Every decision we make, we make it together. We run our LIFE (not lives) together. We have one life, since together, we are one. We make mutual decisions on everything. Somethings he gets the final say-so in and something I get the final say-so in. People need to realize that when you're married, everything belongs to each other. No matter who works, and who stays home. Taking care of children and keeping up a house is a full time job for women, going to work is a full time job for men. You both play equal parts in your LIFE therefore everything is yours together.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He wished................hun, the money he makes is as much mine as it is his, just because he makes it does not make it any less mine.....

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• And it is important to my husband that our children are not put into a daycare so, it is my JOB to care for our children.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• When you are married, it is family money, and not "his" or "yours". My husband is the breadwinner, and my "job" is to take care of OUR children. My husband is not controlling. If he were, we would have not married.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• no
    tinker16233

Answer by tinker16233 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well currently he is the only bread winner in the family...... I really don't have much of a life besides my kids, but he does not control my life. When I chose to go somewhere, I go......
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 2:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Why is the money HE makes just as much YOURS? That doesn't make sense. Is it just because you are married??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My husband is not like that. He knows that his money is my money and my money is his money. If I want to do something, I do it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• we live off the money he makes, but once he comes home from work the kids and house and such are equal responsibilities. neither of us really have a life outside of our family right now though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, WE live off of OUR money than HE earns.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010