What Does/Did Your Child Eat at 10 Months Old?

My son Jackson is 10 months old. He still eats his baby jar food, but I've been introducing him to food we eat for the past 2 months or so and so far he's only eaten scrambled eggs, yogurt/gogurt, mashed potatoes and pizza. I have no idea what I should/could give him besides that right now. I mean, he does have 10 teeth...but what did/do you give your child at 10 months old to eat besides baby food? I just feel so repetitive giving my child the same thing I want to know if there is anything new I can give him. Suggestions? :/ **First time mommy so it's all new to me.**

JacksonsMommyx3

Asked by JacksonsMommyx3 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My sons like things like noodles and vegetables. (macaroni noodles they are easier to grab) and eggs, my two year old loves scrambled and my ten month old eats boiled eggs. they both like tuna. Frozen veggies like peas corn and carrots. all kinds of fruit blueberries, bananas, strawberries, mango, kiwi, avocado. All diced. Cereal (dry) my 10 month old loves LIFE and multi grain cheerios. My youngest I have to be careful with many types of food due to his milk protein allergy. But when my oldest was one he liked a ton of things like cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese. Neither are into meat really (my oldest is getting use to it now) but the doctor said its totally normal because a lot of kids don't like the texture of meat. Anyhow thats all I can think of at the moment!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• quiche , yams , lentils, baked beans, baked potato, salmon , black beans, peas and rice, noodles.
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 3:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He's still at an age where his primary nutrition needs to come from either breastmilk or formula - so don't push the food on him. But if he already has 10 teeth, he can eat pretty much anything and everything you do - just chop it up well and/or cook it extra soft. He really doesn't need the jarred stuff either. Transition him to table foods, small finely chopped amounts of whatever you're eating.
    Anonymous

• gosh, that was so long ago. I can tell you that we avoided allergy trigger foods, like wheat, dairy, soy, citrus, strawberries,

Mostly, she had breastmilk, and mashed up fruits or vegetables that we were eating, puffed rice, etc

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• EVERYTHING that the rest of the family ate. I avoided nothing, just watched for allergies and cut foods in smaller pieces.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Thanks everyone! [:
    JacksonsMommyx3

Comment by JacksonsMommyx3 (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010