Whatcha thing this is..........

My 14 year old has been sick with a cold and sore throat for 3 days no fever but just sore and feeling yuky. His dad looked at his throat and it has a green tint to it! What do ya think that means Strep. He did have his tonsils and adnoids out when he was 4. Wondering what this is or any home redidies till Monday so we can avoid the urgent care 2nite.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Strep would have his throat very red, I'm not sure what would make it have a greenish tint. I would take them in.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 2:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Mucus? Colds don't run a fever, it's the season for sickness. Call the dr. tomorrow just in case.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You can get white spots on the back of your throat with streap... are you sure it is green.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My 3 year old, my 13 year old and I both had this over the weekend. It's just your common cold. Mucus is what's coating the back of his mouth/throat. See if he can cough it up and spit it out, or even blowing his nose a lot will help. I had a horrible mucus build up and once it was gone I started feeling better. 13 year old ran 102 fever, but it went away the next day. I took tylenol to keep fever away and used a throat spray to "numb" my throat a little so it wouldn't hurt as bad when I swallowed.
    It makes you miserable. Good luck
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Warm tea will help with the sore throat, w honey. If his nose is stuffed you could try a nelly pot, they are at the pharmacy. Or maybe some vicks. Gargling eith salt water is supposed to break up the mucus in the back of your throat. Good luck :)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Green is not normal...not for strep, colds, etc. I would take him to urgent care just to be safe.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010