Do You Think

parents need a class to learn how to properly spank their kids??? There is a huge difference b/t spankin and beatin!!!

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Yes I agree and as backwards as it may sound, there is a PROPER way to use spanking as a discipline.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What they need are parenting and anger management classes...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree with Misteh....parents know the difference but they just don't care. I sure am getting sick of the spanking questions though. Just because you don't agree with the way a parent disiplines their child, doesn't mean it's wrong.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, class can teach that in my opinion. If a parent is spanking their kids too hard they may need some classes in anger management. I prefer the 123 Magic program for disciplining my children. It has no spanking and kpromotes respect both for the parent and the child.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Maybe if a person who beats gotten beaten then they would stop. Spanking is a choice one makes and a limit they have to set for themselves.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think parents know the difference, some just don't care.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Common sense should tell you the answer between the two.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, we don't need a class for that. Most people know the difference between spanking and abuse. I agree with worriedmommy. I'm getting tired of the spanking questions. I get that some are always going to be against spanking. Its okay for us to have differing opinions on this.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• the abusive parents kno the line and cross it any way i was abused as a kid and teen im not spanking my kids for that reason i dont want to repeat that onto my kids
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No but every expecting parenting should take a parenting class....I know many will disagree but there are way too many parents out there that are clueless. You could never single them out that is why everyone should have it. People who adopt MUST take a class. What is the difference???
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010