Halloween hair help?

What are SAFE ways to temporary dye a very blond toddler to dark hair for halloween?

jessran1218

Asked by jessran1218 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The spray stuff that washes out. Of course it may take a few washes to get a really dark color out of blonde hair.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• A wig is your best bet. On very blond hair that dye doesn't always wash out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• A wig? JK. I remember my niece had Koolaide to dye her hair pink. She was like white blonde, and it eventually faded out. There are some products at the salon that may work, try talking to a hairdresser. GL
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• a wig would be the safest. or try going to a beauty store like sallys. Sometimes they have tinted hairspray or temporary hair dyes. Dark glitter might work too and add sparkle.
    kat12874

Answer by kat12874 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• The kids around here are using kool-aid. I tried it with my DD and you put like a couple drops of water to a whole packet of kool-aid apply leave on for 10 min. I used red and it rinse all out, so DON'T rinse throughly if you want color in their hair.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah we thought about using a wig but he hates hats and probably would either fuss all night or keep taking it off. We also thought about using kool aid we just dont know how we would use that to color it brown or black. unless we tried mixing colors maybe?
    jessran1218

Comment by jessran1218 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Some beauty salons have these clip in hair pieces that I've used in DD hair. I've cut them and curled them, real cute.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010