Dh thinks I need mental help!!!

Why are moms Never allowed to have a bad day?
We are expected to go though life acting like June Cleaver, always with a smile no matter what is going on.

The kids were driving me crazy, I reached the end of my rope so I turned on Sponge Bob, went into my room, sat on my bed and shut the door. Unfortunately, dh was in there and wanted to know why I was. Told him the kids were driving me nuts and was ready to just drop it. Mistake. He's like you must need mental health or something, you went out for an hour 3 days ago.

Ya, ok, he can't be with them for 5 minutes without getting frustrated. I have to keep on him about yelling at them and he has a full time job and get out regularly. He also hids in his room whenever he's in the house, but I need help?I have 5 kids, 2 with Asperger's 3 with ADHD, I'm a SAHM and I'm homeschooling. That means I am home and on call 24/7. Who wouldn't be a little crazy? All wanted was 5 mins

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why was HE in there...maybe be needs mental help since hes hiding from the kids.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I like to utilize the indoor play house in my area. That is where I get my piece of mind. The kids play and I get to enjoy watching them and drinking coffee. :) I think every mom needs a little time to herself. Try putting the kids to bed a little earlier 30min to an hour (depending on their current bedtime) and take the time to relax. Or get up 30min early and take a nice long bath. :) Or have your DH watch them for a little bit while you run to the store or some other errands? Just some options. Good luck and enjoy!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think you woul need mental help if you didn't need a five minute break once and a while. Why is he hiding in his room? he is their father and he should help more you should also sign up for respit care its one day a week for caregivers so they can take care of themselves anf house chores or whatever. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Sorry key board troubles lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• men just dont get it they expect women to deal w/ it when they go insane after an hur w/ kids.. he needs mental help
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He is using reverse psychology on you. Making it like you have a problem just because you need some time alone because he doesn't want to deal with the kids. I would turn it around on him. Next time he is going to be home for the day, make a plan to go out with a friend, your Mom, sister or by yourself for a WHILE!!. Let him deal with a few meals to feed the kids and hours with crazy wild kids & he'll change his tune. Come home relaxed & walk in with a big smile on your face & if he seems frazzled say "OH NO!!! Now you need mental help too! Maybe we can get two for the price of one!" Laugh & walk away!! Do it whenever YOU need it!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Mama, you donĀ“t need mental help. And he needs to be of help to you. Even though you are a stay at home mom it does not mean those are just your kids, at that time, he should have gotten up and given you an hour or two.. Talk to him. Explain to him and maybe he needs to spend a whole day with them so that he knows exactly how you feel..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You do not need mental heath your dh needs a swift kick in the backside
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Really? a whole hour to yourself three days ago? Why are you needing time now? Eesh! I only have one child , with special needs and you have 5 kids, a couple with special needs plus you homeschool! He should be helping you out more, not hiding out in the bedroom. Shame on him for saying stuff like that! Mamas all need to run and hide now and then! Let him spend a day in the trenches without you. He'll sing a different tune I bet.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You don't need mental help - you need an all expenses paid week long vacation!! HE is the one who needs mental help for fathering children he doesn't take an active role in raising!! This really chaps my hide that he lounges around the house when there is OBVIOUSLY things he should be doing for them and you. Seriously! I would plan a week of "vacation" for him with his boss and take a week and go on a cruise or something by yourself, with your mom/sisters/girlfriends. This is called "Mommy time" and that means NO KIDS ALLOWED - even the BIG KID variety like HIM!!! He and the kids won't die because mom isn't there - they just might learn to respect and honor mom a bit more and help out - from the BIGGEST kid right on down to the littlest one....Try it and see. Then, When you return - tell them ALL that mom will from this point forward, will be regularly taking breaks as needed and Dad is perfectly able to handle things!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010