Is military service public service? Not according to Jim Moran!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9URG8nlvAw

jaycietaylorgma

Asked by jaycietaylorgma at 3:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Jim Moron
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He should change his name to Jim Moron.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Wow, talk about thinking alike.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Military service is much more too bad people like this don't know.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it is more then a public service....I would consider being a cop or firefighter more of a public service...but to me the military is so much more then that.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• There are always going to be people that view the military as the lowest of the low. For whatever reason they have it in their heads that the military are all lowlife bottom feeders, some have even likened service members to the worst possible criminals on the earth. Best bet's to ignore them because they know their sensationalist view gets them attention.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• The Military I know have college degrees and they flew jets and served many years ,giving up their own personal lives to serve in the Military,. They were not stupid high school drop outs who were without skills and needed the Military for a paycheck.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ah and let the generalizations begin...

Actually Kerp the Army is the only branch to readily accept those with a GED. You have better odds of being hit by a meteor in your bed at night then to get into the Navy or Air Force without a diploma and the Marine Corps flat out won't accept you at all without one. And I know several officers and enlisted with college educations (not just officers have college) that are in the military for the paycheck, especially in this economy.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010