2 questions

Will I be able to tell what my mucus plug looks like if wearing a panty liner?How does it look and feel when it comes out?Does it smell or what?This is my first baby somone help me please!!AlsoI had an level 2 ultrasound and a 4d one and they said everything is good with the baby she will not have down syndrome or no type of other defects..but she does have an piece of calcium on her heart..could they have made an mistake and she come out eith down's?Her picture looks like a normal baby on the 4d!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im not sure my self but i have read other answers and they say it looks like mucus as if you blew your nose
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Your mucus plug will look like a big blob of mucus, pretty much. May have streaks of blood in it. You may never see it...took me until my 3rd to see it! With my son they saw the echogenic cardiac focus i.e. calcium deposits, in the left ventricle. He was totally healthy! No one knows why the calcium deposits form but it tends to increase the risk of the baby having Downs. Scared the crap out of me but he is fine:) I prepared myself for my son being born with Down's just in case, but my OB and my heart said he would be fine. Try not to worry....we have so many ultrasounds and just know too much, in my opinion:)
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 6:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• youre not necessarily going to lose your mucus plug. alot of women dont until youre in labor or delivery. i never did. even still if you do, it may not come out all at once. but if you notice any abnormal discharge or bleeding call your OB dont wonder what it is. better to be safe.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yes it looks like snot
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Your mucus plug could fall out in parts, looking like snot with a little blood in it. The chances that they were wrong about down's syndrome is highly unlikely. If they thought you were at risk, you would have tons of tests.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You will have blood when you wipe, and it will be thick (like egg whites)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I am 39 weeks pregnant and still kicking... I've lost my plug 3 times now... it has appeared every time like thick bloody snot. it can come out in hunks or just lots of mucousy discharge.... its pretty gross...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my mucus plug was light pink and was comming out all day
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 8:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008