Should I wait for him to come around or let go and move on?

So I started dating this guy in November of 2009 and we broke up April 2010 but we remained close friends after the breakup. Everything remained the same, we talked all the time and had sex often but there was no title because he didn't want one. Now we both say we love each other but nothing is changing. I want more and he does not. He is a really good guy, he is in the military and a very respectful person. I really am confused as to why he don't want to get back together when he claim he truly loves me and he told me that he never felt this way about a woman before. We tried to break it off serveral times but we both keep coming back. He is seeing other girls and he tells me about it even though I dont want to know about them. So, its been 6 months and I still love him so much and I want more. Do I just give up on the posibility of a relationship again or give him time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Dont want ot hurt your feelings but it seems to me that you just a booty call. Tell Him how you feel and if he cant commit let it go if its meant to be it will be
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 3:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• sorry-- he is not a respectfull person , unless hes honestly saying to you --''this aint goin anywhere but in the bed'' , let him go i think you just aint accepting that its just a sex thing for him , how many others is he telling ''i love you to'' and i wouldnt call it ''giving up'' i would call it ''taking care of yourself''
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes! Just a booty call. sorry!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i think it's time to cut ties with him and move on.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 3:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You should leave. The reason he doesn't want a "girlfriend" is because he wants to be able to see other girls. You are putting yourself at risk of STD's. Some like herpes you can get even with a condom. You need to protect yourself and find a guy that is TRULY respectful and not just using you as a plaything/friend with benefits. I'm sorry to hear you are in this situation. Good luck on finding a real man. And that is meant sincerely (a man doesn't use a girl like this).
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He wants his cake and eat it to . He will string you along for years if you let him. Kick his sorry ASS to the curb. Been there done that. He will not commit to a doormat. Even if he does commit he will eventuallty cheat on you.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Stop wasting your life on this jerk. I know you love him but he's just flat out using you. Have a back bone cuz he's gonna come at you with all his charm to weasel his way back in with you.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• he feels that you will always be there when ever he needs you, your like a buddy that he can have sex with when ever he wants,and he says whatever you need to hear to keep you on the string.move on you could of found your mister wright by now! the reason you stay and deal with him because he has everything you would consider a good man except he will not commite! stop sleeping with him, do not call and when he call stop being available tell him you going out with the girls, do things stop being his bus stop move on girlfriend your better than that. someone waiting who really wants an will appreciate you
    sharon4580

Answer by sharon4580 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• In my opinion it seems like the word commitement scares him. If you want more and he doesnt you will find someone else who will want more. I know that is easy to say but on the other hand he might want more someday. But I definately would not wait.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would leave is ass,he is disrespecting you by being with other girls.If he really loved you he wouldn't be with other girls.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010