how to cook talipa fish fillets and seafood scallaps.

Can any help with how to cook, coat, bake any of the above items. I am not a seafood lover but my girls and husband like fish sticks, shimp, salmon patties so I thought I would try these items and just need advice how to cook

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 3:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always cook talipa, I love it!
    Set your oven to 350. I always use Zatarain's Blackened Fish Seasoning (if you'd like some, email me, I actually sell it) or you can just use some kind of regular seasoning. Put about 2-3 scoops of butter with it and bake about 30-35 minutes until they are flakey, not slimey.
    As far as scallops go, no clue.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• idk about scallops but i broiled some tilapia before...what i did was melt some butter in a pan then coat both sides of the fish with butter then spinkle lemon pepper on both sides then put it in the broiler part of my oven on 350 for about 10 minutes, i don't like fish but that was actually pretty good
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• A favorite of my family is Parmesan style. make 3 containers, the first has flour seasoned with salt & pepper, or Lawrey's seasoned salt, if you have that, the next has a mixture of egg beaten with a little milk, the third has breadcrumbs. Dip the fish, or scalops or shrimp in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Set aside. Then bring a little oil in a skillet to a med-high heat. Gently place the seafood in and cook 2-4 minutes on each side. This is so delicious, even you will like it!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Oops, got in a hurry there, and forgot to say grated Parmesan cheese is mixed with the breadcrumbs-but sometimes when I'm out, I do just plain breadcrumbs.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Here's another easy one
    Herb Broiled Talapia Fillets
    ½ cup mayonnaise
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon fresh dill
    1 teaspoon chopped chives
    1 teaspoon parsley
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    ½ teaspoon Lawrey’s seasoning salt
    ¼ teaspoon black pepper
    2 lbs fish filets
    Preheat broiler. Combine Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and herbs; mix until smooth. Sprinkle seasoning salt & pepper on both sides of fish. Place on broiler pan. Using ½ of mixture, spread some on top side of fish. Broil 3-5 minutes. Turn fish, spread remaining mixture and continue to broil 3-5 minutes or until fish is opaque and flaky.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• This is how the restaurant I work at serves tilapia...

Put a little melted butter in the bottom of a pan. Coat both sides of the fish in it, lay it skin side down, and top with the Lemon Garlic McCormick's Panko crusting blends. Bake at four hundred till fish flakes in the thickest part, top with lemon butter sauce.

I'm allergic to a LOT of sea food, so that's all I've got for you. They also do one coated in a cajun seasoning similar to a PP's posting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Coat in seasoning and crushed croutons. Saute in butter, real butter.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had it sauteed in a little butter with with creamy sauce with almond slivers...omg! so good
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010