My friend thinks she is going to die a martyr by Gods will...

She told me that her testimonial is going to become a movie or a book some day and that it will cause comotion and possibly before the end of times and that because of it she will die and that God told her this.... she says lots of crazy things sometimes and I dont know what to say or how to react..... I mean, her testimony isn't that insane.... Then the other dayshe said, God told me I'm inlove with my ex and she left her BF...

What should I think or say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• She sounds like a total nutcase.
    Anonymous

• Your friend is confused and needs to study her bible. God's will for us are good things. Do bad things happen? yes but they are not caused by God. She needs prayer. You didn't say what her personal testimony is that would make her think this way.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• She seems like she may want some attention..and is using GOD as an excuse...Who knows why people say what they say...what religion is she?
    Anonymous

• I'm not trying to be rude, because I know martyrs would be consider crazy by today's standards.... but has anything else happened that could trigger a psychotic episode? Delusions and such? I ask because I have a bi-polar brother that went into a manic episode where he believed he had a close relationship with God. I don't say this to be mean, but as an awareness for you. I would be her friend and supportive unless you think she may harm herself - at that point I would try to get her in counseling.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• She is Baptist. and her testimony has to do with.... well she says that she was haunted by demons for 8 years...
    Anonymous

• Encourage her to get confirmation on things when she believes she hears from God. God is not the author of confusion.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah it just freaks me out- like I do not know how to talk to her sometimes! She truly believes this stuff and its from God!
    Anonymous

• She will say she doesnt need confirmation because she knows and it was enough.
    Anonymous

• "She is Baptist. and her testimony has to do with.... well she says that she was haunted by demons for 8 years... "

She needs to sit down with her pastor or one of her spiritual leaders and as JcRestoredme said: get confirmation.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Visions of grandeur sounds like paranoid personality disorder.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 7:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2008