why do moms tell their kids 2 clean their rooms and then the moms do it?

janeedanswers

Asked by janeedanswers at 4:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think b/c it sounds good! LOL I do that sometimes!
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i do that sometimes, just because my daughter will be super whiney and solw about doing it so i get aggrovated and just do it myself to hurry up and get it done
    Anonymous

• I never do that. I always hold my ground. Mom's these days aren't firm with their kids. Everything is a big game to the kids and they walk all over their parents. My nephews do that and it drives me nuts. When I said I want a clean room, I WANT IT SPOTLESS, by my kids. I didn't make their mess, I'm definately not going to clean it up.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• For me it is because I have an ocd issue. Like I can't stand wrinkles on their beds. I let them do it then when they go to school I "fix" it. lol. The worst thing in the world for me is a towel folded the wrong way, or something crooked on the wall, or how they mess up their whole dresser drawer when they are looking for a certain shirt. Ugh, wish I could just let it go. :)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Because they want it done and they cant stand their messy room any more, lol.
    kat12874

Answer by kat12874 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My husband does this and my kid is in H.S. Uggh. OH well he has to live with himself.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Tell them to do it, so they have some sense of responsibility, do it because they (moms) canĀ“t stand the mess. I am guessing because my only son is too small for any of this..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010