What do you think of parents whom....

Spend over $30.00 for a pair of baby shoes for an infant and spend "X" amount on a pair of shoes they'll only wear for a few months and out grow them?

*just to say I dont find it wrong, just unnecessary. My son got an expensive pair as a gift when he was a toddler and he only wore them a few times and he out grew them before he could enjoy them and get use from them as he was only crawling then!!!!*

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 4:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have spent over $30 on shoes for my kids....If I have it to spend then it's my money to do with what I choose
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I guess if you have the money go for it, but like you said they outgrow them soooo guick its a waste of money, to me anyway.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't really care what others do with their money, and if they can afford to do it, then great. I think it is silly though for me to go out and pay that much, especially when I know my kids are growing so fast that they barely wear them. Now with my twins, if I spend a little more on a pair of shoes, I know that my younger daughter (who is only 19 months younger) will get a chance to wear them too. But I still don't go out and spend an insane amount of money on shoes.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have to say, I used to do it. I totally regret it now. It was a waste of money. I don't see the point at all. I now see everything clearly. :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Who cares how other people spend their money? If it makes the Mom happy then go for it. I know I spend more on my childs clothing & shoes then I spend on myself. Actually I rarely spend for myself but I love to dress him up nicely. It makes me proud.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think its pointless but if they want to spend the money then so be it. I just dont have that kind of money to spend.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My child had large feet so we spent 30 dollars on his shoes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't think anything about it.

I've never gone around and asked people "Hey, how much did you pay for those shoes your baby is wearing?"... LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've never had that kind of money, so I don't really understand why someone would spend that much, but to each their own. I have spent around that for Robeez, but they last a lot longer. My son wore them for over 6 months, daily and they kept his socks on, so I got my money's worth out of them.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I looked at it this way.... When they were walking, I wanted them to have decent, comfortable shoes, not cheap fall apart shoes. I didn't buy them any shoes until they were walking without holding on to anything, before that they wore socks with grippie things on them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010