Curly girl preschool help.

My middle baby has beautiful blonde curls that fall half way down her back. Twice a day, the top two layers amass themselves into a rat's nest the size of Miami.
(morning and nap time). Is there anyway to prevent this? We both dread hair brushing time because of it.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 4:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get a satin pillow case. It helps the hair 'slide' on the pillow case rather than to knot up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• lol my 2yr old dd's does this too, not that bad though. it mainly is when shes' in her carseat, because she'll move her head back and forth on the seat, creating a mess of tangles. it helps when her hair is up. she's gotten used to the combing it out though. she used to freak and wiggle everywhere. then she grasped the concept of "hey, if i stay still, it'll be done faster!". i hold the hair at the root so when i do comb it, it won't be tugging at her scalp.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• What about braiding
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My daughter has curls too (see my avatar). Loose braids when sleeping help.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010