I know I'm not pregnant but....

In 2005, immediately following the c-section birth of my 2nd son, I had a tubal ligation. My periods haven't been as regular as they were prior to the tubal, but I usually got one every month. Both times I got pregnant I knew right away, so I'm confident I'm not prego now. However, my dh is bugging me to death wanting a status update on my visitor. He doesn't pay much attention when I tell him that sometimes it just doesn't come. This wouldn't be the first time I skipped a month but he just won't hear it. What would you tell him to get him to back off?

Mommy22boys

Asked by Mommy22boys at 4:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• I would just take a test and show it to him, maybe he will listen from now on.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would pee on a test and then show him the results just to get him off my back.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He wants to know why you havent had your period. I would tell him chill out. I fixed that problem, (pregnancy).

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• first of all why's he all up on you about that anyways? its a period for goodness sakes! secondly IF he's that worried about it, test and show him then tell him to let it be!!
    KareyJean84

Answer by KareyJean84 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Pee on a test from the dollar store, and be sure to tell him that tubals can bring about perimenopause
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• A tubal is not 100% effective - you still have a small chance of getting pregnant. So don't say you know you're not pregnant til you actually prove it - to yourself - then ask him why he cares about your period, unless he's just wanting to know if he can get laid! Or maybe he's having one of those 6th senses that you're pregnant...! Take a test momma. It's possible.
    Anonymous

• tying of the tubes can sometimes (very rarly) reverse and u can become fertile again ,, also how old are you ...is it time to start looking for signs of metopause or maybe talk with ur doc about early (pre) metopause?
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 6:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010