Has any one ever heard of this?

I took to my 4 month old to the doc today and she noticed her forehead pertruded a little bit (her dad has the same forehead too). She got a second opinion from her supervising doc she told me that it could cause developmental issues but I have not noticed any problems. She seems to be right on track. They told me not to worry since since it is similur to her fathers but how can I not worry its my baby. Also they think she might have a crossed eye. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of t his and what became of it? I have pics of her and I notice a crossed eye. Please look at my pics and please tell me if you see it.

proudmom1626

Asked by proudmom1626 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did not notice a crossed eye. I am referring to one of the sentences above.
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• no i dont notice any. My daughter has a forehead that pokes out some but like you said her dad does too in fact his WHOLE family does they call it the GILLEY FOREHEAD cause all of them have it. you could see it on her untrasound pics and the dr. never said anything then or have they since. and her little sister who i am pregnant with now looks like she has the same thing.

I wouldnt worry but if the dr says so then just watch and if you see anything let them know. No one knows your daughter better then you.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• So i was playing with her and did notice the crossed eye. But please answer back av=bout the forehead thing.
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• then i dont know like i said no dr. has said anything to me about my daughter.

I'm sorry the dr made you scared like this. They are suppose to comfort us not make us worry more.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm not too worried but a little I'm more worrie about the eye . like I said I think shes on track shes not rolling over but she is trying to sit up smiles and giggles all the time. i just want to get her eye taken care of as soon as possible They said it could be fixed at an early age. But I guess if you don't get it fixed they can loose sight
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Sometimes baby's have a lazy eye. I heard the treatment for that is an eye patch.
    Klomas1988

Answer by Klomas1988 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• When I was a baby they noticed my forehead purtruded a little and it got a little worse and when i was 8 weeks old i ended up having surgery on my head because they found out i was born without a soft spot. I didnt notice a cross eye in the pics but make sure they check the soft spot just in case.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• her softspot is about the size of a quarter. I'm making another app. for her eye and I will have them check it
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 2:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My first daughter had a crossed eye when she was a baby. We seen a specialist an he said most of the time it will correct itself with age. She was 2 months when we noticed it, we seen the specialist every 6 months. The doc said that if it hadn't corrected itself by age 2 that we then would talk about what we could do. At 20 months she was cleared by the eye specialist. But he did say that glasses would be an option then surgery. But it didn't come to that for us. Don't worry about it to much just keep an eye on it. Most likely it will correct itself. Good Luck
    pudinangel

Answer by pudinangel at 6:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008