Domestic Violence in the military?

Research for a military history class and need to find current stats for spousal abuse in the US military. Stats located have all been from the 80s and 90s.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't know about stats but my sis-in-law was killed by her PTSD military husband. :_(
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• try military one source.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Onesoure has contact information for those in that type of situation but I'm pretty sure the military tries to keep those stats as close to the vest as possible. The majority of offenses on post are rarely reported to local and state civilian authorities since the military has it's own system to handle it. Maybe your local JAG office or recruiter can help you better to get a hold on those numbers.

Caoimhe so much is still unknown about PTSD and what causes it to be triggered here at home, my husband still struggles with it daily himself. I'm so sorry for your loss, even though I know those words barely help. **hugs**
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 4:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes what they said and gl finding it out
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010