The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I was not more than sixteen the first time I saw Rocky Horror. I would go to the midnight show with my friends, at least once a month (with props).

My fifteen year old has seen teasers for the Glee Rocky Horror episode, and now wants to see the movie with her friends. I am leaning towards saying yes, as long as they take public transit there, and cab home. My spouse is leaning towards no.

Any opinions for other moms of teens?

Asked by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I LOVED that show.... I would go with them and sit WAY in the back... tell them what they need to bring and give them an idea of when to use which prop.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 14 yo dd has watched and dvr'd it and watched it again and again. Some parts are a little questionable, but that leads to good conversations! Watch it with her and feel 16 again, I did!!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My mom finally broke down and let me go see it when I was 15. BUT the place where they showed it in my town wouldn't let minors in without an accompanying adult (which I find great, honestly), so she went with me. We took some of my friends, we took one of her friends, and we had a blast. I think if it were my daughter, I'd go with her, at least the first time.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would go with her but I don't think that I would let her alone quite yet.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 5:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I was about 14 when my parents let me watch it. We never had a showing around us so it was always on video.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• get the dvd from netflix or something and watch it with her....15 is a little young to be going alone with friends JMO
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would let her go BUT I would take her and pick her up. 14 is too young, IMO, to allow a teen to go alone anywhere. My husband andI took our sons everywhere they went and picked them up until they started driving on their own for 2 (who were Juniors in high school when they started driving) and until they finished high school for 2 (who were 19 when they started driving).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2010