HONESTLY: Is anyone here black and voting for someone other than Obama, or do you know someone that is?

I'm just curious. I'm not debating this, I just want to know. I don't think I know of anyone, and I haven't seen anyone on TV being interviewed or anything that has fit this description. But I haven't been watching a lot of coverage either. PLEASE don't say you are/ or know someone when you don't. I'd like honest answers on this one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My dads friend is a black man and he is voting for McCain. His family owns 2 restaurants in Louisiana and they are very successful.
    Anonymous

• There are african-american's including myself who are not voting for Obama and are supporting McCain. Sadly, many of us are not willing to let it be known. I myself don't care who knows but I did have to leave a group on CM because of the attacks by Obama supporters. Also, the news media is biased but there are even african-american pastors who are not supporting Obama.

Also do some research on Dr. Alveda King... niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, daughter of A. D. King. She is a conservative republican. There is a very good writing she's done regarding republicans and democrats etc.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Below is a link to an article with a quote by Dr. Alveda King giving her support and saying she's excited about the McCain/Palin ticket - this was dated 10/22/08.

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=20172908&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't know anyone personally but, I have see a few black people interviewed on television who were voting for McCain. I personally agree with Woopie Goldberg on The View. She said a while back that "Black Republicans make about as much sense as Jews for Jesus"! Lol
    Anonymous

• I personally agree with Woopie Goldberg on The View. She said a while back that "Black Republicans make about as much sense as Jews for Jesus"! Lol

Does she realize in her obvious ignorance that Jesus was the son of a Jewish father and mother which made him--gasp! A Jew?

I don't think I'd go around quoting her on that one.
    Anonymous

• Anon737: LOL... but I don't think I'd quote her on that one or anything else.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• im not voting
    Anonymous

• My daughter lives in New Orleans and a lot of black families are voting for McCain.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yes...my aunt and uncle. and if sometime between now and tuesday I begin to pull in a salary of $250,000 then I'm voting for McCain,lol!
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Even if you don't make $250,000... the only way you're taxes will not go up under Obama's plan is if you're getting a government welfare check. He has a lot of programs he wants to put in place and only taxing those who make 250,000 is not reality. The rest of us are gonna have to help pay for those programs one way or the other.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008