Was $7 a good enough tip?

Me and my son went to Hooters and he spilled his drink all over the floor and it kinda flowed under the table next to us. The waitress had to clean it up with just paper towels and I felt so bad. Our total was $20.84. So was it enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, accidents happen. Nice to think about the waitress though.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It was roughly a 31% tip, so most definately yes
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah I think that was a very good tip
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes, it was. You were tipping for her regular service, and then extra because of the mess he made. You were very thoughtful to do that, most people don't.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it was good enough IF your son is older and made a genuine oops.

If he was being bratty and it was pretty much only a matter of time before he knocked his drink over I'd have given a few bucks more.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• More then I would have left for a $21 purchase.

Answer by louise2 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes. it was perfect and awesome of you to do that. thumbs up mom.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes...that was a good enough tip. I'm a server/bartender and I'm going to say THANK YOU for thinking of the server in that situation. You have no idea (then again, you might) how often that doesn't happen. I've had TONS of tables spill things or their baby/toddler will leave a mess of cheerios and spaghetti on the floor and/or table and think nothing of it. I don't necessarily have to clean it (we have bussers), but I do have to tip out my bussers and we base tipping out on how much we make, not our sales, so the less you leave me, the less I have to leave them, or because of that, I tip out more, so that's even less for me. So...here's a big THANK YOU to you from her!!!(me)
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• id say...yes!!
    KareyJean84

Answer by KareyJean84 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Definitely. I had a waitress dump cocktail sauce all over the back of my white shirt one time. All I got was a free dessert. Considering I had to throw my brand new shirt away, I wasn't too happy. Accidents happen.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010