if you have had one c section after another....

I had a c section with my first. I'm not pregnant, but i'm a bit afraid to ttc just because of the fact that I had a c section. Getting another scar or possibly complications freaks me out. Did you have any problems?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• I've had two both without any problems, I have a friend who has had 5 c-sections without complications
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have had 4 csections. They go in through the scar from your previous csection. And if you have a really ugly Keloid (thick and red) scar like I did with my first, you can ask them to cut it out. They did this for me and now my scar is pretty and clean looking. My first was due to preeclampsia, I had NO problems with my other 3. Good Luck!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• they use the EXACT same scar. I had 2 c sections back to back, 19 months to the day. Later I had an abscess, a rare complication caused almost entirely by my weight and they had to go in and revise my scar (Make it a little bigger) to remove the bad parts.

I am at a slightly healthier weight now and we're planning for a 3rd baby as soon as nature allows it. Likely another c section do to some previous spine surgeries I've had

Another scar is the least of your concerns though. They use the same one, I promise :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have had two. The second was not as bad....I mean I knew what to expect. My dr. cut out the old scar, so I just have one scar. I felt the same way.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No. I just have a lot of internal scar tissue and don't want anymore. I had 3. I'm just done having kids.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had 2 c-sections. No problems at all. In fact the 2nd went a lot smoother because I knew what to expect, told them what problems i had from the first , like extreme nausea with the spinal and pain meds and we prepared in advance for it with extra meds for that upfront. So my 2nd was much more plesent (as surgery can be lol) as the first. Cut thru the first scar so i still just have one scar.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had 2 csections with no problems. I only have 1 scar.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've had 2 c-sec and you really have to look hard to to see the scar.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2010