Other mom/co-worker problem...

Ok, if you and a co-worker don't get along- AT ALL, and your daughters happen to go to school together, and the other child says to your child "my mom says your mom is a bitch, and she's gonna be fired!" What the hell do you do? My daughter is very sensitive, and thought that they could be friends, but now she is upset and asked me "are we gonna live in our car cuz you are fired and have no money?" I don't know if I should tell my boss, (who knows about our issues with each other) to tell her basically to stop-she has been making up things about me, accusing me of stuff etc...or should I approach her about it? I had hoped the children could stay out of the stupid drama, there is no reason for them to have any idea we even have issues with eachother...but the other mom talks about me constantly and has it out for me so...

mommyharmon

Asked by mommyharmon at 5:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• def. do NOT confront her directly. That would just be putting wood on the fire. Talk to dd about how sometime people just don't get along and that sometimes other people can say things that are mean etc. but that its NOT true. Talking to your boss ... I don't know. I guess it depends on your relationship with her/him... truly its a personal issue and not a workplace issue KWIM
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• thanks, I know it's a slippery slope...I just feel like, if you hate me so much why can you not stop talking about me, KWIM? And to pass on your morally reprehensable behavior to your child? seems screwy. I LOVE my job, but I am so sick of drama.
    mommyharmon

Comment by mommyharmon (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You could talk to your boss about, asking what she thinks you should do about it, asking for her advice. That way you aren't asking her to solve the problem, which she may not be in a position to do, but it's letting her know, so if she is able to do something she will, and it won't sound like you are just running to her about every little thing. Tell her the facts of what has happened, and what you're tried to do to solve it, and ask if she has any ideas of what you can do to help the situation so it doesn't go further.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It sounds to me that this woman is Harassing you on the job. I would file a workplace grievance with HR and let them know about the Harassing. There are laws that protect you when you are harassed on the job.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010