Lay Way in K-Mart

ok I heard that k-mart is having a lay-way.....This might sound silly but I never done lay-way before so how does that work....I want to start buying toys and clothes for my son but I dont know how or where to start....can ya please help me out?

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 5:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• Ten percent down and making payment over next 8 wks i think
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Does Kmart charge a fee for layaway. Some places do. I think this is wrong.
    I would just save the money and shop after Thanksgiving when the big sales start.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Nicjon is correct. At least 10% down and you make payments at least every other week. If you change your mind you don't get your money back, though. And clearance items are not eligible for lay away.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, no fee at Kmart. Just ten percent down.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ya can't go wrong with layaway. Just gather the stuff you want in your cart and head on back to the layaway dept. She will ring everything up like you are purchasing it. Then she will give you the total amount you need to pay down today. Then you set it up to pay weekly, or however it is nowadays. It's a great way to guarantee that the stuff you want today will be there tomorrow. LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• kmart does charge a fee...
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• why not just save up all year?? I know lots like layaway but what happens if you can't pay it for whatever reason and they cancel the layaway and you don't get back what you paid. I just think it's better to save
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• chica that is NOT always an option for those that live paycheck to paycheck...
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• What nicjon said.
    chica - alcnic27 has a good point. Not all of us can do that. We're not as blessed as you may be with your income.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Layawy is great. If you would like to know how to also get up to 2.5% cash back for shopping online at K-Mart....Message me, I would be glad to share.
    jforeman12

Answer by jforeman12 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2010