toy like bouncer for tall 9 month old

Ok, so maybe it has been asked and answered before, but as you all know, Moms don't have the time to go thru a ga-zillion Q and As to find out. My 9 mo old is about to get too tall for her bouncer/walker. She is pretty tall for her age. She refuses to be quiet in a playpen or playyard if I am in the other room. I use her bouncer for while I cook or put away laundry, so she can safely sit/stand somewhere when I can not tend to her. She flings herself out of seats unless they have a chest harness, so they don't work for this need either. Is there a toy that would fit this bill so she would be in a safe space, having fun, be able to be in the kitchen or where ever I put the toy so I could watch her but not have to run after her such as when I am cooking raw meats and can't.

45caliber

Asked by 45caliber at 5:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm not sure but if u find one let me know! i put my dd in her high chair with some finger foods so i can cook. it doesnt last long tho! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Not sure about a toy , maybe a jumperoo? I dont think they have straps but it goes pretty high up on their chest. You could try one of those 6 sided panel gates to contain her so she could play on the floor without you having to chase after her. At 9 months old she probably just wants down to explore.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• @Caroline2010 - I try the snacks and highchair method, but like you said, it doesn't last long, but thank you for your answer.
    @foxracing - I would love to use a jumperoo, I think she would be tickled pink, but I am renting a house and I have two types of walls, either cinder block so I can't screw anything in, or hollow so what I do screw in just falls back out - god knows what kind of ceilings I have and I am not sure I want to test that, but thank you.
    my further research, I asked her Granma (a pediatrician) and she recd a walker (non-moving is what she recs becuz some researchers have found that the ones the have wheels on the bottom can inhibit their walking development), but I don't know, I think she wold have a ball ramming the thing into my walls - yay right ;) - but she said that the bouncers are designed to help babies devolpe the muscles in their legs but then a walker that they can sit in the seat and stand up
    45caliber

Comment by 45caliber (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010