Going to a Dr. is

like going to a auto service garage. You go in for a check up and they add all these extras that are not going to be covered with the physical but do not tell you.
Maybe we have to tell them that we want to know what all the extras are before they do them. We have to do that when we take our car in for its checkups on a regular basis. I think it is a way the Drs have devised to get more money than the insurance covers.
I would not mind if they told us and not act like we had committed a crime when we ask the all powerful Dr. It isn't as though Drs are not above adding this and that to increase the bill.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 5:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• I live in Canada so I don't have that problem.  My doctor doesn't earn any extra money by adding on extra tests so I can trust that she does what she thinks is best for my health.  My annual physicals include a physical exam and blood work and my doctor asks me if I have any issues or concerns.  If I do she refers to me to the appropriate specialist.  I don't have to pay anything and I don't have to deal with insurance companies.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Never trust doctors!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 5:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I tell the doctor what I am there for when its done I leave.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Not sure what you mean by this. I've never had a Dr (in 36 years, plus 12 years of having kids) that has done things I haven't asked for without explaining the reason for the procedure.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i hate doctors! i only go when i have to! i havent had a physical in a few years! i guess i should do that . . .maybe!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010