What do you usually do for back pain?

I can't afford a doctor right now, not even a chiropractor (which I would love at this point.) How do you manage back pain?

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 5:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• Heating pad or soaking in hot water with epsom salt in it
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ibuprofen

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Try not to left anything heavy. I use tylenol extra Strength, and a hot hot shower. sometimes I use my heating pad, or sit in my message chair. Good Luck! O you can try bengay or something..
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Heating pad (or heating rice in a sock in the microwave and placing it in the spot for awhile)
    Walking
    Stretching(if you don't know the proper stretches you can mess your back up even more though, so careful)
    Bath
    Laying on the floor and putting feet on couch or chair(takes pressure off of the lower back)
    Massage

Feel better soon and take care hon.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• nothing becaus e nothing ever seems to help !! and im allergic to the best anit inflammatory ..( ibprophen ) would be what i would take
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 6:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Heating pads, warm showers, a massage (when I can squeeze one out of a friend or DH), and lying on the floor with my knees bent for a while seem to help me. I feel for you, hun. I can't afford a doctor either. Also, sitting in a couch or really squishy chair a lot can make it worse, so try to sit in a chair with more back support.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• all the above. heating pad, pain reliever medicine, don't lift heavy things, massage. I lay on the carpet floor & let my back align straight (since I tend to slouch a lot) and that usually temporarily helps.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010