Any ideas for a good toy that lets little kickers kick to their heart's content?

My 3.5 month old DS is having a great time learning to kick his chubby legs. I want to get him a toy or something that he can kick at and get a response, like a baby gym with sounds and lights. I've looked at a few, but get mixed reviews. Does anyone have one they've used with their LO that they really liked and worked well? What were the pros/cons?

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 5:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DIL had the arched padded thing that went over the baby's head and she would attach a chiming toy at the area near his feet. It was fun to watch his reaction when he kicked it! And because it was a chime, it was a "gentle" noise. I'll try to find a link
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• A ball is a great toy, and interactive too! My son loved to kick a ball, as long as it came back. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It was something like this.............you'll have to cut and paste....

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=baby+gym&cid=8974929629152840670&ei=4rzETNWoK4-O2QSWvuT8AQ&sa=image&ved=0CDcQ8gIwBDgA#p
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• ME! Lol...my kids have all loved to kick at their momma. I never bought any "kicking" type toys because they are outgrown SOO fast
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 11:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah... I've looked at some of the adjustable ones that "grow" with your kid, but they don't get such great reviews. But I only have a couple hand me down things and DS is getting bored! I would like something with lights and/or sound that he can activate with his movements. And he loves to kick...
    Reenieredhead

Comment by Reenieredhead (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• we have a store near our us that is called Once Apon A Child you should see if there is one near you they sell gently used toys at great prices and they make sure everything works b4 they sell it, not to mention all the GREAT clothes they have I just got my daughter a brand new christmas dress marked $30 for $4 you just can't beat that.. lol

http://www.onceuponachild.com/locations.aspx
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010