• In the Spotlight:

Prunes In A Jar?

We use Gerber brand and my friend has a one year old and she said she also used Gerber brand. Well she swears they have Prunes in a 4oz. Jar, but I went to our local Wal-Mart and Alps and there is NO prunces in jars!!

Mama2BabyTaurus

Asked by Mama2BabyTaurus at 5:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ive seen them at walmart! not sure wat brand they were tho! good luck on ur search! maybe they are out and will get some next week?
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't know if they still make them..but 4 years ago when I was still buying baby food Gerber had them in the Step 2 jars. I had to feed them daily to my grandson. He is prone to intestinal blockage.. I just googled..they come in the tubs now I guess. Here is a link so you know what they look like

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Organic-Prunes-2-Count-2-5-Ounce/dp/B000MXGMCK

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah see I knew they came in the tubs. I just never have been able to find them in the jars. Peaches also only come in the tubs, I can not find those in jars either. Oh well I guess we will have to buy tubs of those, I perfer the tubs anyways, I was just wondering becuase we get WIC and they only approve the 4oz. jars for some weird reason.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Comment by Mama2BabyTaurus (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i got tons of the greber 4oz jars of prunes when i had wic...and this was about a year ago at walmart...try looking for the beechnut ones...wic covers those too and i could sometimes find flavors in beechnut that i couldnt find in gerber.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Does different Brands taste any different... I looked for prunes in Beechnut there were none in that either.. I guess my Wal-Mart just sucks.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Comment by Mama2BabyTaurus (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I bought some last week at Babies R Us, they are Earths best brand.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I did not look at Earths Brand. I will check that out tomorrow.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Comment by Mama2BabyTaurus (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• http://www.amazon.com/Earths-Best-Organic-Prunes-2-5-Ounce/dp/B002DW4R9S
    I found them on amazon too
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It has to be a 4oz jar.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Comment by Mama2BabyTaurus (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Seen them in the 2pack stage 2 tubs, but I don't recall seeing them in the stage 3 jars?
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 11:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010