When you travel do you prefer to drive or fly and why?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 5:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Travel

• Definitely drive!!! We have made many road trips both before and since having kids. Our kids are GREAT travelers. In fact, we just returned from a trip across the country from Michigan to Wyoming and back. 2,800 miles with a 10, 7, and 2 year old. We love to drive because we can see so much more of our country. Stop where we want to stop, visit places we'd never see if we flew, and teach our kids about places they'd never get to see - only read about. They are SO in love with history and enjoy learning about the Old West (Wyoming, Nebraska, etc), the Civil War (South Carolina), and our National Parks (The Great Smoky Mts). Plus I thing it teaches them patience of a sort and gives us all a bit more times together.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Fly, It takes less time.

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'd rather drive if only because it's more fun and you can be more comfortable. But I'd rather go somewhere I need to fly to!! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• With the kids I would rather drive because I can stop when they need to, if I were by myself I would probably say fly..just because it is faster
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If it's over 6 hours away we fly. If not, we drive. There are advantages to each. Driving allows us to take more stuff and get out and walk around. Flying is faster. I love flying personally.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I like both and it really comes down to how much time we have to get away. Last winter I took our three little ones while my hubby was out to sea and drove from Washington to Florida to North Carolina back to Florida and back to Washington. I loved every second of it even driving by myself. We love to fly though as well and typically have to do that when my hubby is around because he does not have a lot of time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I only drive....I was once injured and in pain on a flight and was treated very badly by the flight attendants, and then the pilot....I'll never put myself in a position like that where I need the help of strangers again.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• LOVE flying but take road trips too.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 10:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Depends on how far we are talking... if it just a state or two over DRIVE! Its fun. Moving cross country we drive too. If its vacation and its more than 2 states away we fly.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I prefer to fly it takes less time.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010